Ashirov Adkham Azimbayevich
Doctor of Historical Science
The head of department
Position The head of department
Education Graduated from College of History at Tashkent State Pedagogic Institute (1996)
Degree Doctor of Historical Science (2009, Institute of History, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan)
Scientific interests Modern problems of ethnology, ethnic history, religious beliefs, customs, rites and ritual ceremonies of Uzbeks
- Traces of Shamanistic Beliefs in Life Patterns of the Uzbeks in the Fergana Valley // Continuity, Symbiosis, and the Mind in Traditional Cultures of Modern Societies. Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan 2011. P.107-117.
- Zikr Jahr in the Ritual Practice of Sufi Groups of Central Asia and Its Ethnographic Features // Ethnographic Review. Moscow 2010 №5. P37-44. (in Russian)
- Ethnology in Uzbekistan: Achievements, Problems and Future Progress. // Selected Bibliography of Central Asia and Kazakhstan and Studies on Kazakhian National Movement. The University of Karlova, Praha 2010.
- The Views of Uzbek People Relating the Parts of Human Body.: the Genesis and Specific Features // Journal “The History of Uzbekistan”.- Tashkent, 2009. - №4. P.59-69. (in Uzbek).
- Traditional and Religious Outlook and Ritualism of Uzbek Nation” //Islamic Values of Central Asia: Tolerance, Historico-Philosophical Aspects. – Tashkent, 2008. – P. 194-200.
- Ancient Believes of Uzbek People, (Monograph), Tashkent, Uzbekistan. 2007.–276 p (in Uzbek).
- The Ethnology, (Textbook), Tashkent, Uzbekistan. 2007.–168 p (in Uzbek).
- Revival of Sufi Traditions in Modern Central Asia: Jahrri zikr and its Ethnological Features in Journal Oriente Moderno. 2007. №1.– P. 163-175. (Co-author:. S B. Pasilov).
- On the Problems of Ethnology in Uzbekistan in Journal “Ethnograficheskoye Obozreniye”, Moscow, Russia, 2006, No.3, pp. 107-127 (in Russian).
- Some Views About Avesta and Ancient Agricultural Traditions in Journal “Ozbekistonda Ijtimoiy Fanlar”, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2005, No.1 (in Uzbek).
- Ethnic Problems in the Interpretations of Researchers Today in Journal “Ozbekiston Tarixi”, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2005, No.3 (in Uzbek).
- Traditional Way of Life of the Baysun Population: Past And Present in Book “History and Traditional Culture of Baysun District, Uzbekistan”, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2005, pp. 94-97 (in English).
- On The Problem Of Initiation And Cyclical In Uzbek Family Ceremonies In The 20tn Century in Book “The 20th Century in the History of Central Asia”, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2004, pp.61-63 (in English).
- Relicts of Ancient Believes of the Residents of the Ferghana Valley, Uzbekistan (Monograph), published by CAFÉ, Centre for Academic Research, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2000, 48 pages (in English). Traditional Views of Uzbeks Related to the Nature, Materials of International Conference, Tokio, Japan, 1999, 55-60 pp (in Japanese).